Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Freehand Profit





A few months ago I was cruisin through websites trying to figure out just exactly what kicks I would be dumping my next paycheck on when I stumbled upon these crazy gas masks made out of sneakers........



The first one I saw was the Storm Trooper helmet made entirely out of the Adidas X Star Wars Superskate Mids. This wasn't the only one, there's one made up from the Cheech and Chong Nike Dunks, the Adidas "Darth Vader" Superstar II's, etc. I had no idea who was responsible for this sneaker insanity until i saw the caption; Freehand Profit.

This dude is currently holdin it down out in Los Angeles and is crankin out a different sneaker gas mask every other month it seems like. But he has a whole gang of prints including pop culture icons wearing gas masks, characters from movies and shows rockin em, I mean this artist has some sort of stellar obsession with gas masks. But it's amazing. Freehand Profit's sneaker gas masks bring different interests together; the sneakerheads are all down with it, the unique artists are all about it, and anyone involved with current streetwear culture is goin bananas over these designs! 

I actually reached out to him and ordered one of his prints and simply asked him to sign it cuz I was all about what he was doin. Come to find out, the dude is real and got right back to me, helped me through all the ordering and even hooked it up with a couple extra little gifts that he designed. I was truly surprised because most artists these days that are real serious, won't give people the time of day. Na, not Freehand Profit, this cat is all about gettin his art out there and spreadin the love. So be sure to head over to his website www.freehandprofit.com. Check out his shop, pick up some prints, some t shirts, shit, you might even be so hyped that you order one of these exclusive, one of a kind sneaker gas masks......That's right, all of them are FOR SALE!



No comments:

Post a Comment